Sr Engineer I - Packaging Sustainability
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Requisition ID: 54719 Title: Sr Engineer I - Packaging
Sustainability Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Naples,
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company leader in new
product development and medical education. The Arthrex Packaging
Engineering team at our Naples campus is seeking a Sr Engineer I to
focus on Packaging Sustainability. This position will champion and
lead initiatives to bring packaging sustainability strategies to
fruition by providing technical leadership for identifying and
implementing sustainable packaging, materials and emerging
technologies that advance Arthrex's packaging-focused
sustainability goals with a global emphasis.
The ideal candidate will bring experience with FDA regulated
packaging design and development or manufacturing environment along
with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Packaging
Engineering. Working knowledge of packaging regulations and
alternative packaging materials along with strong CAD skills are
essential. Join our talented team at a global medical device
company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify innovative and differentiated packaging materials and
technologies and share material knowledge cross-functionally to
execute a strategy for environmentally responsible material
- Stay informed and educate internal organizations on packaging
trends and changes in the legal/regulatory environment regarding
environmental/sustainability regulations globally.
- Drive hands-on scientific studies of material performance to
qualify new materials, including developing and/or applying test
methods to evaluate functionality, and validate packaging
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to identify new material
opportunities and evaluate supply stability of all identified
materials that have a focus on sustainability.
- Perform packaging re-design work for existing products where
modifications can be implemented to improve sustainability
objectives (materials changes to include greater recycle content,
more renewable, materials reduction, size reduction, and materials
more readily recyclable).
- Present recommendations for changes to processes in line with a
continuous improvement mindset.
- Ensure all Financial, Legal and Regulatory Compliance
requirements are met during packaging development activities
related to use of sustainable materials.
- Generate engineering change request documentation to support
packaging engineering activities through the engineering PLM
- Take actions on feedback from stakeholders and adapt packaging
engineering solutions to continuously improve cost, quality, and
environmental care and create value for our customers.
- Partner with the GmbH Sustainability team, internal
manufacturing teams, and external vendors to optimize designs for
function, cosmetics, and manufacturability to match industry best
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering required, preferably in Packaging
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an FDA regulated Packaging
Design and Development environment, or within Manufacturing
- Educational background in Chemical Engineering, Materials
Science or Polymer Science is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Strong understanding of packaging lifecycle analysis for
sustainability and environmental impact, and able to substantiate
and support any sustainability claims made for product
- Knowledge of materials used in the construction and
manufacturing of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging,
including but not limited to injection molding, flexible films,
vacuum forming, and folding cartons.
- Able to coordinate global changes that affect large numbers of
technical document files.
- Able to identify, initiate and implement process improvement
- Knowledge of test methods used to validate component /
- Experience with project planning and project management.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration skills and ability to
influence others without authority.
- Able to define strategy and develop contacts necessary to
complete challenging projects.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
applications, CAD drawing tools, etc.
- Ability to be self-directed and flexible and work in a
fast-paced and quickly changing global team environment.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PC and various data, text and graphics software programs
including Microsoft Office and CAD design software.
- Knowledge of PLM system data entry and maintenance to meet
Engineering Documentation requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Arthrex, Cape Coral , Sr Engineer I - Packaging Sustainability, Engineering , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!