Posted on: August 4, 2022
System ID: 828319
Category: Environmental Services / Custodial
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: NORTH NAPLES HOSPITAL EVS
Unit Contact: 2396243045
Target Hourly Rate: 13 UNIT DESCRIPTION Sodexo new hires will be
paid a Temporary Shift Premium for all hours worked at a rate of
$1.50 per hour. Attention: Hiring Bonus You are eligible for a
BONUS of $600 upon hire. This Bonus will be paid after your
employment start date as follows: First Installment - $200 after
your 60 th Day of employment Second Installment - $200 after your
120 th day of employment Third/Final Installment - $200 after your
180 th day of employment As a condition of employment, newly hired
employees must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (with documented
verification). Come join Sodexo at Naples Community Hospitals
Health Systems and be part of a healing environment where we as
high-energy individuals make a difference in the lives of our
patients and their visitors. Every day, our team members contribute
to enhancing the patient's experience with their positive
interactions by maintaining a clean environment or by providing
delicious, nutritious meals. We help people lead healthier lives.
Consideration for a conditional job offer include job/position
experience, communication skill level, and customer service skill
level. Job offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully
passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and
additional preemployment screenings that may be included in the
hiring process Location: This location is accessible by public
transportation . North Naples Hospital 11190 Health Park Blvd
Naples, FL 34110 Work Schedule: Varies, though typically Monday
through Friday with alternating weekends and alternating Holidays.
Base rate of pay is $13.00 /hour. Your job offer rate of pay may be
higher because of job experience, communication skill level and
customer service skill level.
- PLUS an afternoon shift differential of $1.25/hour
- PLUS a midnight shift differential of $1.95/hour
- PLUS a weekend shift differential of $2.00/hour Benefits for
Full-Time employees include:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (co-pay for Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability, Life/Accident Insurance)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement)
- Employee Discounts You will be provided all training and
personal protective equipment (PPE), including uniforms, to keep
you and your family safe and healthy. You may purchase and use
payroll deduction for slip-resistant shoes through our favored
supplier. #CB #PM #HS Position Summary The Floor Technician may
work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and
maintains floors, carpets and hard surfaces in facilities or
locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools,
universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities
of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify
other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements, and industry requirements. General
- Maintains floor surfaces and stairwells, including, but not
limited to the following:
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, polishes, scrubs, strips and refinishes
hard-surface floors using heavy equipment;
- Vacuums, spot cleans and extracts carpeted floor surfaces;
- at healthcare facilities, educational facilities, manufacturing
spaces, production areas, athletic facilities, office buildings, or
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance
repairs or additions observed.
- Performs routine operational maintenance of cleaning equipment
per manufacturer specifications.
- May clean furniture.
- May empty trash, linen, and garbage containers.
- May handle hazardous waste in accordance with government
regulations and Sodexo standards.
- May wash walls and maintain baseboards and cove base
- May assist in training other employees.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in
Gymnasiums or Dance Studios, to include cleaning, screening,
stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- May participate in snow and ice management and removal duties,
including the operation of snow removal equipment
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- May drive golf carts, or other vehicles.
- May assist in inventorying floor care products. Qualifications
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policies and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 12 months of related work experience preferred.
- Experience in all phases of floor and carpet care
- Knowledge of cleaning agents, equipment and methods of soil
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use relevant electronic devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals. Sodexo is an
EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Benefits
Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every
employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our
overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you
maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision
insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which
will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also
offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
Keywords: Sodexo, Cape Coral , Floor Technician, Engineering , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!