Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWhat is the Value of a WM Job?The
value of a WM job is more than a paycheck.We are Committed to your
Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your familyWe are People
First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed,
valued and seenWe are Stable: Our employees are home every day and
perform essential and meaningful workWe are Investing in You:
Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock
options, Dependent Day Care, and more!#WeAreWM #WMCareersWaste
Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We
are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,
professionalism and financial strength. - WM serves nearly 25
million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and
municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.I. Job
SummaryPerforms complex preventative maintenance tasks, and
troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and
Yellow Iron).II. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. - Other minor duties may be
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to,
bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks,
farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors,
transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M.
checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants,
water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned. III. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory duties.IV.
QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of
the qualifications necessary to perform the job.A. Education and
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One year of prior Heavy Equipment diesel
maintenance experience. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- Valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record. C.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to
diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical. - - New Employee Training
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only) RCRA / HAZWOPER Training
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and
Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices - (per department) (SDP's)
Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Forklift Medical Exam
- Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit
- Physical at Termination PPE
- Respirators - Full face OV/AG or half face with face
- Full face supplied air in some areas
- Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite: - Liquid - yellow Tyvek with
sleeves, apron, booties Solid - white Tyvek
- Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or
Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work
(when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes - Vinyl Booties - Waterproof Boots - Chemical
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes - Steel Toe V. Work EnvironmentListed below are key
points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
job.Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or
landfill/outdoor.BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible
employee receives a competitive total compensation package
including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term
Disability. - As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on
401K, and more! - Our employees also receive Paid Vacation,
Holidays, and Personal Days. - Please note that benefits may vary
by site.If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been
looking for, please click "Apply." -
Keywords: Waste Management, Cape Coral , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!