Automation Engineer (IT)
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The Revenue Management team's primary focus is maximizing
revenue for the Hertz portfolio of brands. The automation engineer
will identify opportunities for automation within various
processes. Responsible for gathering information, estimating, and
coordinating multiple projects, and attend project meetings to
provide status support. Run tests for databases, systems, and
software as well as identifying bugs/quality issues. Establish
monitoring and quality assurance processes.
This role will create ADHOC reports using Access, Tableau, Cognos,
Crystal Reporting and Web Focus as requested by department managers
and supervisors to enhance work performance (Daily Status Reports,
Ambiguity Reports, Sizing, & Sign off). Work with management Fleet
Services to create use cases, develop and maintain test
specifications, test cases, test scripts, test data, reports as
needed. Work with or lead outside vendors, auctions, dealerships as
needed/required to acquire, provide data and support for uploads
for title and registration, OEM orders, status, invoices, recalls,
warranty claims, and Fleet Services. Help design lead and/or manage
new processes projects to increase efficiencies, ensure accurate
and timely implementation.
- Automating and ensuring systematic accurate, efficient, and
timely order processing of all Fleet Services processes.
- Creating automated robotic processes and maintaining an
up-to-date job manual and standardize operating procedures, and
training for Fleet Services processes.
- Continually audit processes, data, and workflow to identify areas
for improvement and automation.
- Work on or lead and/or manage system
development/enhancements/integrations between OEMs, external
vendors, and other internal Hertz systems for Fleet Services
- Communications with outside OEMs, vendors, auctions, dealerships
as needed/required for useful information that may impact our
systems or our business needs/requirements.
- Creating and preparing reports for various analytics for Fleet
Services data in a timely manner.
- Managing and/or leading new automated processes and projects to
ensure that all system limitations and business requirements for
downstream systems have been identified and addressed prior to
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
- Experience with automation as well as AI and/or machine
- Proven experience working with improvement methodologies.
- Proficient in understanding ambiguity reports, test cases, test
scripts, test data.
- Proficient in testing back end, non-UI testing.
- Working knowledge of cloud, agile, DevOps.
- Knowledge of Fleet Purchasing, Fleet Ordering, Fleet
Registrations, Warranty, and Recalls.
- Experience on leading and understanding of IT requirements,
design, development and testing.
- Functional knowledge and experience with reporting tools.
- Experience capturing and documenting business requirements.
- Microsoft Access, Word and Excel required
- Windows / Linux operating system
- PowerShell & Linux scripting
- Reporting tools, Web Focus, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal required
- Sequel Server (SQL) / DB query
- Python preferred
- Automation tools - Automation Anywhere preferred
- Understanding of networking
- SharePoint preferred
- ASP.NET is an open-source server-side web application framework
designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages.
- Has an overall understanding of the objectives and functions of
the Company, business units and departments impacted by our work
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions,
- Ability to apply analytical along with problem solving skills to
determine user needs and requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects
in a very demanding environment.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking, influencing and
- Ability to lead and influence others without formal authority
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with
all levels of the organization
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail
and a strong customer service orientation.
- Lean Six Sigma Certifications
- Project Management Certifications
Keywords: Hertz, Cape Coral , Automation Engineer (IT), Engineering , Estero, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!