Education Assessment Specialist
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Requisition ID: 53462 - Title: Education Assessment Specialist -
Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) - Location: Remote
**This -position in based in Naples, FL. Remote available -for the
right candidate. -If remote, interment travel required to Naples
headquarters. -(Eastern or Central time zones only) ** Arthrex,
Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product
development and medical education in orthopedics. Arthrex is
actively searching for an Education Assessment Specialist. Join our
talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping
Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better.
Main Objective: As an Education Assessment Specialist, you will
lead the planning, development, and evaluation of assessment and
evaluation instruments for the Medical Affairs Department. Serving
as the psychometrician and measurement lead, you will play a
hands-on role in helping the Medical Affairs Department enhance the
efficacy of our courses, operationalize the assessment features of
our digital education platforms, and in turn enable improved
outcomes for Arthrex internal and external customers across the
globe. You will partner closely with key stakeholders to produce,
deliver, and maintain assessments and evaluations in fulfillment of
our corporate mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the design, development, and continuous improvement
of medical education assessment and evaluation instruments (for
example, formative and summative assessments, rubrics, and
- Provide support in determining assessment and evaluation needs
and developing item and test specifications accordingly.
- Assist with conducting standard setting activities to set
cut-scores in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Assist with developing test blueprints to ensure alignment
between learning outcomes and assessments.
- Participate in planning and implementing a process for
measuring how learners are meeting learning outcomes.
- Assist in developing and managing an item creation workflow to
drive the efficient and effective creation, categorization, and
banking of test items.
- Classify test items according to content, cognitive domain, and
other dimensions. Ensure the accuracy of item coding, keying, and
- Provide support in approving items for use on assessments or
evaluations, evaluating psychometric properties.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a test item bank,
appropriately managing categories and alignments.
- Assist with developing rules for test creation, assembling
pretests, tests, and/or adaptive testing pools.
- Assist with evaluation activities in the development of course
evaluations, rubrics, and survey instruments; provide data analysis
and visualization to communicate insights with stakeholders.
- Assist with devising strategies for improving item creation
results; develop item creation training materials; plan and lead
item creation training workshops.
- Assist with planning and implementing an item evaluation
process, and planning and conducting reliability and validity
- Develop regular data reports and analytics dashboards on key
assessment and outcome measures.
- Help stakeholders understand item analysis reports containing
test-level and item-level statistics.
- Assist in training others in the application of item statistics
and the assembly of tests.
- Provide support in recommending changes to learning programs to
ensure learning outcomes and curricular goals are appropriately
- Up to 10% travel required.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in psychometrics, educational measurement,
statistics, educational psychology, learning analytics or closely
related field required.
- 2 years of experience working in an academic and/or
non-academic organization in educational assessment or measurement
- 2 years of active experience in new test development,
computer-adaptive testing, item pool maintenance, standard-setting,
equating, or validity studies is required.
- Experience in medical education or orthopedic surgery education
- Experience with medical or orthopedic surgery board review
questions is preferred.
- Experience leading assessment and evaluation programs is
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams and
subject matter specialists is preferred.
- Experience building reports for and addressing both technical
and non-technical audiences is preferred.
- Experience with survey software such as Qualtrics or Survey
Monkey is preferred.
- Previous experience using an assessment platform or Learning
Management Systems is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of and skill in all phases of test
development, including item writing, item banking/categorization,
item review, test assembly, scoring, reporting, and evaluation.
- In-depth knowledge of and skill in survey design,
implementation, and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and business),
with proven ability to function effectively as a primary contact
with internal project teams and external clients with guidance from
more senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the rules of grammar, etc., to
the development of items, well-developed organizational skills,
ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously,
- Project management skills, with emphasis on technical design
and implementation of educational assessment and evaluation
instruments and processes.
- Proficiency in conducting statistical analysis and
interpretation regarding curricular outcomes and learner
- Proficiency with statistical software such as SPSS, R, and
Microsoft Power-BI is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of organizing and implementing data
dashboards and reports using a range of methods (e.g., Excel
Spreadsheets, SQL, Tableau, and Power BI).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.Job Requirements: -
Keywords: Arthrex, Cape Coral , Education Assessment Specialist, Education / Teaching , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!