Posted on: January 23, 2023
West Bay Club is excited to announce the exceptional career
opportunity of Property Controller.Qualified candidates will thrive
in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing
superior service. This role has the potential to grow into a
Director of Finance position after time in the position and
demonstrated performance milestones.
Plans, directs and coordinates the financial, accounting, and
administrative activities of the facility.
- Responsible for financial management and processes for 2
separate entities consisting of a golf club and HOA.
- Implements and adheres to policies and procedures for the
Accounting function, including compliance of all company accounting
- Oversees accounting and administrative controls so as to
safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft as well as
- Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring annual
budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating various
(weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume
- Monitors and coordinates property plans of overall future
objectives, including projection of revenue, cost, net income, cash
position, cash management, and capital requirements.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and
supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and
over/under based on the plan.
- Performs or monitors daily revenue audits for revenue
generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
- Analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts
receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and
monthly financial statements.
- Monitors and manages property cash flow and coordinates the
appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General
Manager and Regional Controller when cash flow problems
- Prepares, coordinates and reviews the closing of year-end books
and records with the Regional Controller; assists with annual audit
with outside accounting firm
- Recommends to management the implementation of policies,
procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of
current accounting processes.
- Establishes accounting protocols and work flows based on
property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon accounting
- Monitors contracts with facility's vendors.
- Ensures collection and payment of applicable local, state, and
federal taxes. Prepares or reviews preparation of monthly sales tax
- Manages both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
to include but not limited to: processing invoices, preparing
statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation, and
- Reconciles and audits multiple bank accounts.
- Responsible for training, planning, assigning, and directing
work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining
associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Onsite HR Liaison - directing associates to appropriate
resources, assisting managers with onboarding as needed
- Assist with H2B recruiting
- Monitor Shared Services and Intercompany transactions for
- Updating of Reserve Study/Capital Asset Planning
- Mentoring of Staff
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and six to ten years related
- Experience in Hospitality Industry, HOA community and/or
- Experience in Jonas POS/Accounting software a plus
- CAM License Preferred
- CAM License Preferred
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to
perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required
to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the
manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Keywords: Troon, Cape Coral , Property Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Estero, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!