Patient Financial Counselor
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Financial Counselor 1k Sign-On Bonus
Location: Naples, FL OR Bonita Springs, FL
Pay: up to 23/hr (depends on experience)
Perks: 1k sign on bonus after going perm, leadership development,
tuition assistance, work/life balance
Day to Day: The Financial Counselor is responsible for submitting
authorizations, reviewing insurances with patients, explaining
benefits, scheduling patients, and going over patient's expected
out of pocket expenses.
- Strong knowledge of insurances
- Experience working with prior authorizations
- Experience in financial counseling
- Verification of coverage and out of pocket amounts for patient
- Researching denial reasons, reviewing medical documentation,
assigning accurate coding for diagnoses and procedures.
- Point of contact for patients regarding payments and other
related financial matters pertaining to hospital services and other
services. Liaison between Business Office and patients, staff, and
providers to resolve issues when applicable.
- Obtains necessary referrals, authorization and
pre-certifications as needed. Provides estimates for procedures to
patients, physicians' offices, and payers as requested.
- Obtains patient demographic data not captured during scheduling
process, which is necessary for claims processing.
- Updates accounts and collects verification of relevant patient
- Makes payment arrangements for outstanding balances.
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, Cape Coral , Patient Financial Counselor, Accounting, Auditing , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!